PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice ("Notice") describes how Tanjung Pinang Development Sdn Bhd (collectively referred to as "TPD") use your Personal Data.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. TPD shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the TPD website ("Website") at the following link: http://www.stp2.my. By continuing to communicate with TPD or by continuing to use TPD’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
- "Personal Data" means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, any information about you which you have provided to TPD in registration and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by TPD from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to TPD directly, TPD may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation when you register your interest in any TPD projects or properties, when you interact and communicate with TPD at exhibitions, events, roadshows or otherwise, when you make enquiries, or by using the Website. Cookies used on the Website may also collect your Personal Data. If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Purposes of Processing
TPD may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of TPD which shall include, without limitation:-
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and to improve our services;
- to send you news releases/ information on TPD and/or to invite you to TPD events/briefings/meetings;
- for TPD to comply with its obligations under law.
Marketing and promotional purposes
- TPD may also use and process your data for other purposes such as to send you updates and news on the latest TPD projects and property developments and to inform you about events, exhibitions or roadshows which may be of interest to you, by way of post, telephone calls, short message service (SMS) and/or by email.
- If you do not consent to TPD processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 6 please notify TPD using the contact details stated in Section 11 below.
Transfer of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to TPD’s related companies which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where TPD’s servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of processing your personal details. Further, TPD may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on TPD’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. Such third parties include (without limitation):-
- Our contractors or consultants;
- Our information technology service providers;
- Our professional advisors, including external auditor, legal advisors, financial advisors, real estate agents and third party property managers; and
- Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
- Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to Section 6 above and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:-
Customer Relations Executive
Group Strategy & Communications – Penang
Tanjung Pinang Development Sdn Bhd
3D-2-1 Straits Quay
Jalan Seri Tanjung Pinang
:Tel:+604 899 2268Fax:+604 890 2690
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, TPD has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors
- TPD does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to TPD. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to TPD, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.